Did you know that the average home can produce more greenhouse gasses than a car? Caring for our environment has never been more important.
At Privada, we have proactively embraced very high development and construction guidelines to ensure the beautiful Sonoran Desert at our door step remains glorious for generations to come. And that translates to not only a beautiful environment, but green-built, healthy homes for the discerning buyer..
Privada homes are built with a true building science and come with a limited guaranteed of heating and cooling costs. And that means value for the home owner and a chance to feel very good about your purchase.
Here are some of the things we do at Privada:
- Optional Solar Photovoltaic (3.5 kw) - assisted space, water, pool and spa heating
- Natural gas water heater
- Insulation and framing techniques that minimize voids
- Fresh air delivery system means less dust, fewer odors and remarkably comfortable temperatures
- 14 SEER dual stage compressor
- 95 percent efficient direct vent furnaces
- Post tension foundation system
- Low-E energy efficient wood and aluminum clad windows
- 60 to 70 percent of all exterior walls are double framed and provide for deep recessed windows and added insulation
- Exceptional thermal envelope
- Energy efficient plumbing fixtures and dishwasher
- Recirculation system for quick demand hot water
- Carbon monoxide detectors
- Foam roofing system provides for a greater thermal barrier and reduces heating and cooling demand
- Smart irrigation and fertilization systems reduce water consumption
Privada homes are built in accordance with the following agencies:
The Scottsdale Green Building Program encourages a whole-systems approach through design and building techniques to minimize environmental impact and reduce the energy consumption of buildings while contributing to the health of its occupants. Privada not only meets but well exceeds the City's expectations.
Each of the custom-crafted home plans
undergoes extensive review by Environments for Living®, a third party energy certification proram that promotes the principles of building science; treating the structure as an integrated system of systems, not just individual spaces. Once the home is under construction, in addition to the customary construction inspection, each home experiences three additional inspections by Environments for Living® to ensure the techniques to provide energy efficiency, indoor environmental quality and durability are being properly implemented. This program focuses on tight construction, fresh air ventilation, improved thermal systems, right-sized HVAC equipment, pressure balancing, internal moisture management and combustion safety.
Because of this close scrutiny of construction practices, Privada's floorplans all come with a limited guarantee of heating and cooling costs.
APS, our electric provider, has honored Privada as an APS Energy Star Community. To participate in the Energy Star program, a builder must meet stringent standards for energy efficiency, which Privada certainly does. The typical Energy Star home uses 15-20 percent less energy than other homes. But at Privada, our ecofriendly homes use up to 54 percent less energy. The Energy Star program requires effective insulation; high performance windows; tight construction and ductwork; efficient heating and cooling; and efficient products such as lighting, fans and appliances. Each home is then evaluated by a third party to ensure it meets or exceeds program requirements.